Friday 25 February 2011

Wet Week Activities

The weather has been quite miserable here in  Cornwall this week. Grey and wet - not Spring-like at all. My gardening plans have been put on hold and instead we have done all those irritating little jobs that we so often put off. Some of it quite tedious and boring, but some of it quite satisfying once finished.

When my husband and I got married, we were given a beautiful piece of glass art from my dad. It is very heavy and we knew special fixings were needed as it didn't have a frame. Anyway, now the hallway has had a fresh coat of paint, we knew it was time it was given a home and appreciated so...

I love the simplicity of the design. The dichroic glass really catches the light on the fish. It was really hard to photograph so apologies for the poor light, I should have waited for a sunny day (but goodness knows when the next one is going to be!).

I repaid my family's patience (see last post) with some home baking. Lulu's and I have been baking together since she was 2 years old and I am pleased to say it has become a little less messy and a lot more productive than it used to be! Tuesday we made chocolate chip cookies and fudge brownies - no pics, sorry, we ate them all too quickly! Yesterday we made ginger ferrings which I managed to snap a few shots of before they disappeared out of the door (quite literally as Lulu's likes to take some to our neighbours!).
These are the biscuits before they go in the oven. We make a 'fat' sausage and slice it up. You don't have to be very precise as they spread out in the oven...
 ...and here they are cooling. They are actually a bit darker than this but the flash on my camera has washed out the colour. I got this recipe from the National Trust tearooms that I worked in many moons ago. If you would like it I'm happy to share.
I have done a little more to my felt vessel but it still isn't finished, that's tonights job.
To finish this is my Little Mannie (nicknamed by Lulu when he was born - "Hello, Little Mannie", it was so sweet it just stuck!) trying desperately to wear his sister's party shoes! Bless!
I was trying to get a picture of his curls as his hair is getting quite long now and they will soon need to be trimmed. Sad day, they grow so fast.

That's me for now. I will endeavor to finish that bowl and post some pics soon. Enjoy your weekend.
Becky x

1 comment:

  1. Shame it's been a wet week for you, but it looks like you've made the most of it! Those biscuits look yummy :)
    ...and what gorgeous curls!
    enjoy the rest of half-term
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...