Monday 5 December 2011

T'is The Season... To Be Busy!

Oh my! Are you finding it hard to keep on top of everything at the moment? I love this time of year, but it doesn't half leave you feeling exhausted. By the time Christmas Eve comes I will just want to flake in a chair and sleep for a week!

I have sold lots of christmas brooches in the last couple of weeks, some through folksy and quite a few at work. Next year I'm going to try and get started making them a little earlier.



I hadn't sold anything on Folksy for ages and then all of a sudden I sold 5 brooches and a necklace. I thought I was on a roll, then they went and changed the Folksy site... is anyone else disappointed with the changes? Don't get me wrong, I like their ethos and the site looks great, but I'm not sure the new categories or searches are working for me and you can't tag your items in the same way as before. I can't even tell if people are looking at my items as they have taken the 'views' feature away and I haven't got time to work out google analytics at the moment.

A few weeks ago I received a blog award from the lovely Emma of Sweet Williams.


I am particularly grateful and surprised considering I feel I have been a little neglectful of my little blog recently. I hope to catch up a bit over the Christmas break. So a huge thank you to Emma and I will pass this award on to some deserving blogs in my next post.
If you didn't know, she has opened a fantastic little shop on line 'Sweet WIlliams - handmade soft furnishings, cards and gifts', pop over and have a look!

Twinkle Star of Twinkles, Tutus and Twirls has received my decoration swap goodies and has blogged about them tonight, so pop over and see what I made - all very 'pink', I had so much fun!

Hope you have a great week.
Becky x

5 comments:

  1. Love your reindeer brooches!

    I have a Folksy shop but I don't think I understand the new changes either - I must have a proper look and see if I can tweak my shop a bit!

    Congrats on your award - well deserved!

    I am still in Pink heaven, so thank you again - it is fantabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reindeer and pudding are simply gorgeous. I'd want to keep them all for myself! Thank you for mentioning me on your blog. Much love xxx
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the sales, and the award! Gorgeous Christmas pudding!

    About 2.5 weeks until my nephew is due - on Christmas day...! It's coming so quickly!

    Will email you soon... there is frog news... well, it may be the prince at last!!! :o)

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh so glad your brooches are finding new homes Becky - I'm sure they will be appreciated by their wearers and those who see them!! Congrats on your award...and soon will be that flop in the chair day..just don't think of everything you have to do inbetween!!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...