Friday 22 February 2013

A Bunny, a Blog Award and a Bug!

So half-term is here and I have seized the opportunity (between domestic chores) to do a little felting. Do you remember those wensleydale locks I dyed? Well I put a little to good use this week to make a little bunny...

 
with a fluffy bum...
 
 
and fluffy ears!



I have also dyed some more yummy wensleydale locks in spring green, yellow and pink


and lemon and orange.


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Little Mannie has had chicken pox this week, so Lulus and I are keeping ourselves occupied with craft - visits out are strictly limited to essential only! Keeping to the Easter theme of this post, we used these lovely decopatch papers to decorate some Easter eggs.


She plans to give hers to her teacher. I think the chocolate variety may be more gratefully received!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

So to the blog award, which I mentioned briefly in my last post, is from the lovely Emma at All Stitched Up.


Please forgive me for skipping the 11 random facts but I have done this before and I'm all out of anything interesting or original!

I have 11 questions to answer so here goes:

1. Are you an adventurer or a homebird?
Definitely a homebird.

2. Sweet or savoury?

Both! I just love food!

3. Where is the furthest place you have travelled?

Cyprus (first wedding, we'll say no more!)

4. Where is the favourite place you have travelled?

France, the Dordoigne is beautiful and I love the culture, the traditional markets, the food...

5. What is your proudest achievement?

After my two beautiful children it would be qualifying as a teacher.

6. What simple thing makes you happy?
Quiet time to craft - a bit of a rarity but very much appreciated when it occurs.

7. What was you favourite toy as a child?
Mmmm... that one is tricky. I was fortunate enough to have a number of lovely toys. Choosing a favourite is hard.

8. What calms you when life is crazy?
Music, gardening, country walks, baking (no not baking, I love it but it stresses me out!) and of course craft (there's a surprise!).

9. Why do you blog?
I started reading other people's blogs for several years and loved sharing their journeys. They were so inspiring and it led to my interest in felt. After developing some techniques and making some fun things I wanted that 'Ta-Dah' moment too and the chance to share some of the things I had learnt. I'm so glad I did because I have encountered some wonderful people in blogland who have made my crafting experience so much more enjoyable.

10. Do you have a list of things to do during your lifetime?
No... but maybe I should.

11. Have you ticked them all off yet?
Can I get back to you on that one!

Thank you, Emma. I always accept awards gratefully as I believe they are a lovely complement. At this point I'm supposed to nominate 5 lovely blogs but there are so many I love, but not so many who recognise these awards. So, if you want it, it's yours! As long as you have under 200 followers - in order to abide by the 'rules' of this award!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 I started writing this post Tuesday evening and since then have done nothing due to a horrendous tummy bug. How nice of it to come on my week off! The children have been lovely, keeping themselves entertained with games and entertaining me with puppet shows!
 
 
I'm feeling a little better today, thank goodness. I'm normally the healthy one in the family!
Hoping for a healthier weekend and wishing you a happy and healthy one too!
Becky x





8 comments:

  1. Becky I just love your spring bunny with his fluffy blue tail and ears!
    So cool to see the fruits of your dyeing - the Wensleydale curls look so soft! Could do with feely vision at this point - but certainly not to feel how you must've done this week - hope you feel your perky self soon!
    Eggcelent decoupage too - another crafty string to your bows (Lulus included!)
    Hope you are fit enough to enjoy the end of half term and the start of Spring?!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute bunny!! Your felting is amazing!
    Glad you're feeling better - and hope you're soon back to normal!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bunny is adorable! I have a wee bit of pre-dyed Wensleydale which I've been saving 'for best' for far too long. I really should just use it!
    Hope you're feeling better very soon.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bunny. Happy that you are feeling a bit better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bunny with his fluffy bum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky, so sorry that you were poorly and Mannie had the chicken pox. I hope you are both beginning to feel a little better now? Your bunnie is just adorable, and your eggs, so pretty. I went on holiday to the Dordogne and loved it too! Much love to you, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Becky, what a superb little bunny - I love those curls! Sorry to hear you were ill during your time off...typical! Liz x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...