Saturday 21 June 2014

A Spin and A Splash!


Here is my latest spinning.
 
 
It’s a merino and silk blend batt from Wingham Wool. Each year they come down to Cornwall and bring with them a huge lorry of fibre, hire a community hall and set up shop. I walk around dribbling at all the lush fibre! I’m sure they stop at a lot of other venues on their return journey - always worth checking out their website.
It is a large batt and will take me some time to spin! But after spinning the first bobbin I couldn’t help that it might be a little bland and need a bit of spicing up. So, I added a bit of this…
 
 
and it looks like this…

 


I need to ply the two bobbins together now and hopefully the colour will add just a hint of interest. I’m also hoping it might be strong enough to use as the warp thread for my first woven project.

This is where I’ve been enjoying a spot of spinning in the sunshine.
 

Don’t be fooled by the tranquil setting… look what was in front of me!




More than a few splashes came my way!


Hope you’re enjoying some sunshine too.
Becky

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful spun yarn Becky - love the hints of colour - looking forward to seeing the plied yarn in action!
    Fab place to spin too - even if you so get the occasional splash!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and leave a message.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...